“Adopt the idea that you’re actually supposed to be wealthy. It’s not a side note or that there’s something wrong with you, but in reality, you’re supposed to be wealthy, you were born to build wealth. You were born to do business. You were born to do it. So, if you are born to do it, doesn’t that change the dynamic away from guilt and shame around feeling like you want to do it?“
In today’s episode, we’re going to do something a little different. We’re going to talk about how you overcome the guilt and shame of past problems or mistakes that you feel like you made and actually break through to the next level.
I’ve made so many mistakes in my life in the past and I was carrying a lot of shame in my life. That shame was attached to all kinds of things, financial losses, financial mistakes that I had made, jobs that I had gotten and quit, boyfriends that I had dated and broken up with and all the other things.
Let’s talk about how we really create a double minded situation in our world. When we want to have wealth we desire to have a lot of money. But at the same time, we feel like maybe we aren’t worthy.
That feeling like you’re working all the time and you’re working for money that you don’t have yet. And you’re trying to build your social media. You’re trying to do sales, you’re trying to get clients, but it’s just not working quite yet.
And so you don’t have the money to prove it to yourself that it’s going to work. And so that’s usually when the doubt, the shame, the fear, the guilt sets in. So here’s a couple of things that you can do to calm patterns that combat that in your own life:
- There is a scripture actually in the Bible called Proverbs 31 – it talks about how a woman is supposed to have business, run her household, trade spices, meaning products, buy land, invest in real estate, plant vineyards, and create cash flowing out.
- Adopt the idea that you’re actually supposed to be wealthy, not that that’s a side note.
- Set healthy boundaries with yourself and with others. If you are born on a day and you die on a day, what do you want the dash in the middle to mean to you? Do you want to leave a legacy of wealth for your kids?
- Wealth can be anything. Wealth can be money, love, experience or anything else and so define for yourself what wealth looks like. We can make that really look any way we want. So how do you want yours to look?
- Forgive yourself. You have a list of mistakes and things that you feel like you’ve done wrong or failed, that it’s really really important that you forgive yourself.
- Realize who you are.
Links mentioned in this episode: